Christmas food and treats for dogs
Most of us like to indulge over Christmas – and so do our dogs, but you need to make sure they stick to dog-friendly treats.
Dog friendly treats
If you do want to give your dog a Christmas treat, we've devised a delicious, healthy and Veterinary approved recipe.
Blitzen's Banana Biscuits are the perfect festive treat and make an ideal stocking filler for your dog on Christmas morning!
Read our dog-friendly biscuit recipe
What to avoid feeding your dog
The below list is just a few examples of things your dog might encounter over the festive period which are not safe for them to eat.
- Grapes, raisins or sultanas (& wine)
- Chocolate - don't forget chocolate decorations on the tree are easy pickings
- Macadamia nuts
- Mince pies & Christmas pudding
- Rich fatty foods/fat trimmings
- Cooked bones from Christmas meats
- Holly berries
- Xylitol - an artificial sweetener found in some sugar-free foods
For a full list, download our factsheet:
What is Poisonous to Your Dog DOC 325 KB
Keep up with our pupdates!
Sign up to our newsletter and get top dog training tips and behaviour advice straight to your inbox, as well as fun activities and plenty of pupdates. Stay in touch, and let’s help change the tale for dogs together.
Sign up now