Annual Reports and Accounts
Discover how we’re helping dogs and their owners today, tomorrow and for years to come.
Below, you can download our current annual report and those for the previous four years. Depending on your internet connection, they might take a few minutes to download.
What we achieved in 2020
It was a year we’ll never forget, as the Covid-19 pandemic affected every area of our work. Our brilliant staff and volunteers responded by finding new ways of helping dogs and their owners. These are some of our highlights from 2020.
- As Covid rules restricted public access to our centres, we set up virtual rehoming so we could continue finding loving homes for dogs. Throughout the pandemic we continued taking in dogs who needed our help, caring for more than 10,000 during the year.
- When in-person events weren’t possible, we moved our Dog School training classes online, enabling us to reach more than 14,800 owners during the year.
- We supported dog owners experiencing homelessness as the government moved them into emergency accommodation.
- In our continued battle against puppy smuggling, we created a parliamentary taskforce and within a few months, we’d attracted support from more than 80 MPs.
- Despite the challenges of the pandemic, with our support, our international partners neutered 90,000 dogs and vaccinated 282,000 against rabies.
- We also developed a research project to investigate the effects of lockdown, to ensure we can help dog owners now and into the future.
Read our full report of 2020
Annual reports 2016 to 2019
Read our earlier annual reports to discover what we achieved for dogs and their owners in previous years.
Annual Report and Accounts 2019 PDF 9.23 MB
Annual report & Accounts 2018 PDF 8.01 MB
Annual Report & Accounts 2017 PDF 10.5 MB
Annual report & Accounts 2016 PDF 3.25 MB
How to support our work
We can only be there for dogs and their owners, now and into the future, thanks to our fantastic supporters. Discover the many ways you can help us, from fundraising challenges to sponsoring a dog.
Many ways to give