Retail Charity Shops Volunteer
Our friendly and approachable Retail Volunteers make sure that all the visitors to our charity shops feel welcome and have an enjoyable experience. They also help ensure maximum revenue to help us achieve our mission.
What will you be doing?
- To acknowledge and welcome customers when they arrive at the shop in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Receiving and sorting through donations
- Using the till to take payments
- Actively promoting Gift Aid
- Keeping the shop nice and tidy, and well stocked
- Engaging members of the public to promote the work of Dogs Trust.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Some experience in a customer-facing role
- Comfortable around dogs
- A friendly approach to customers
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to help in the shop, across a range of tasks as needed
- An interest in fashion with an awareness of brands
- A good level of physical fitness for lifting bags and boxes
- Basic numeracy skills
- An interest in dogs and dog welfare
What this role will offer you:
We will provide you with a main contact who will manage your tasks, answer any questions you might have and help you with the volunteer rota.
You’ll also receive ongoing role-specific training, guidance and support as well as an opportunity to gain and develop new skills.
We will provide a Dogs trust volunteer uniform, and will recognise the work you are kindly undertaking by enrolling you in our Volunteer Merits Scheme.