At Dogs Trust we train dogs using reward based methods, and do not advocate the use of any training equiptment which changes behaviour by causing pain or fear in dogs.
- Reward based training enhances the bond between dog and owner
- It is easier for dogs to learn if we reward them for doing the right behaviours rather than telling them off when they get things wrong
- Dogs which are trained with rewards enjoy learning - they are a partner in the training sessions and often 'offer' new behaviours to see if they get a reward
- Reward based training will not cause pain or injury to dogs
- Reward based training does not rely on making dogs worried or frightened, so there is less danger of causing problem behaviours
- Reward based training works to change behaviour