Our Dog School training course provides essential advice about dog training and behaviour, to help you create a lifelong bond with your dog.
What you get:
- Four training sessions with a Dog School coach, over four weeks
- Access to an online induction video that introduces Dog School topics
- Access to the Dog School Owner Support Hub
- 121 support from Dog School coaches
Length of course: 4 weeks
Introduction to Dog School topics – video
- Developing a positive relationship with your dog
- The importance of social behaviour in dogs
- Recognising your dog’s body language, and what they’re trying to tell you
- How dogs learn
- Helping dogs learn to cope with being alone
- Dog training: the basics.
Training session: week 1
- Introduction to basic training theory
- How to encourage your dog to settle and relax
- How to play with your dog in a way that won’t encourage problem behaviours
- Teaching your dog a marker word
- Teaching your dog to sit
- Start training your dog to come back when called.
Training session: week 2
- How to progress the skills you learn at Dog School
- Getting your dog’s attention when their name is said
- Training your dog to walk nicely on a lead
- Training your dog to come back when called - continued
- Helping your dog be comfortable when being handled (for example, during vet visits or at the groomers)
- Recap and refresher of last week’s skills.
Training session: week 3
- Progressing your Dog School training, and how this links to training in real life
- Starting to use equipment when handling your dog
- Training your dog to walk nicely on a lead – continued
- Training your dog to come back when called – continued
- Start to train your dog to leave things when asked.
Training session: week 4
- Introducing sounds and helping your dog get used to them
- Recap of everything learned at Dog School so far, and how to take your skills further.
Dog School Support Hub access
Dog School owners get access to exclusive training and behaviour content on our website, which will help you build a great relationship with your dog. The content includes:
- Chewing and mouthing
- Toilet training
- Ensuring your dog is happy being left alone
- How to prevent guarding behaviours - for example, guarding food and toys
- How to socialise your dog with other dogs and people
- Introducing your dog to new and novel things.
Support from Dog School coaches
Dog School coaches will be on hand throughout your course to support you with any areas you may need help with. Our aim is for you to finish the course feeling confident about what you’ve learnt to help you raise your puppy or dog.