You’ve got a friend in Buster
Can you offer this stunning Staffie Cross a furever home?
Tuesday 8th June is ‘Best Friends Day’ and to celebrate we wanted to share with you some tips to build a great bond and friendship with your pooch.
Buster a stunning 10 year old Staffie cross, has been with Dogs Trust since December 2019, he is a firm favourite with the staff, and has made some great bonds and friendships with his canine carers. We believe he is a great role model for making friends.
Buster’s top tips for building a friendship are:
- Take it slow and steady with him, let him go at his own pace. Patience is key to help create a strong bond with this handsome boy.
- Spend quality time outdoors, exploring and going on adventures.
- Keep his mind active and learn something new, reward-based training is great to build a bond with Buster.
- Try some new yummy snacks, he loves his treats.
- Be in each other’s company and relax.
His canine carers top tips to build a bond with Buster are:
- A great way to build a bond with Buster is doing training with him, as he is a bright spark who enjoys learning in exchange for yummy treats.
- Treat him to new toys, especially tennis balls and teddies, they are his favourites.
- Take him to an off-lead area where he can explore and sniff as much as he likes, he loves to sniff so be prepared to be there a while.
- Fuss him, he especially enjoys a bum scratch, he will even show his appreciation with a happy dance.
Buster is a charming pooch; he is still looking for his special fur-ever home. He would make a loving companion, given his adopters are patient and allow him to take his time and build his confidence. Find out more about him here and if you think you could offer this wonderful lad a fur-ever home hit the ‘Rehoming me starts here button.’
We hope you enjoyed and can use these tips, to help build your friendship with your pooch. Happy Best Friends day, we hope you have a great day celebrating with you best doggie pal!