Life at Snetterton during lockdown
Dogs Trust Snetterton has been closed to the public since the end of March, and it has felt very odd without the normal hustle and bustle around the centre!
To abide by government guidelines, the usual rehoming process has been adapted to keep everyone safe, whilst still allowing us to find the paw-fect homes for our dogs.
Between 20th March and 20th July 2020, we have successfully rehomed 37 wonderful dogs and even waved off a handful of longer-term residents looking for special homes. Lovely lurcher Ruby found her forever in June as well as gorgeous Gizmo and then bouncy boy Rolo was adopted in early July.
Over the last few months, our dogs have received the same amount of love and care that they are used to, thanks to our amazing team of dog lovers.
Here is a little recap of what we’ve been up to over the last few months:
- We had a scavenger hunt for treats to celebrate Easter which was lots of fun- especially for greyhound Dennis who decided to flip the snuffle mat over and eat it all at once!
- Water babies like Sarah, Sweep and Duke have had lots of fun splashing about in the paddling pools during the hot weather. Canine Carers also made plenty of yummy iced treats during the warm weather which kept our dogs cool whilst providing some enrichment.
- In early June, we said goodbye to our Home from home Coordinator Jess after 2 years at the centre. Before she left, she took chihuahua besties Missy and Aslan to their new adopters, after they waited months with their lovely foster carer for the paw-fect home.
- We’ve been busy celebrating a few birthdays- for those with two legs as well as four- including Sponsor Dog Hugh, Gypsy, Sarah and PJ.
- Luckily, our dogs haven’t needed to social distance, so lots of doggie friendships have been made during lockdown- including Jip and Harry, Timber and Rosie and Belle and Casper.
So, as you can see- the dogs have been having just as much fun as usual!
We would also like to say a big thank you to everyone who has continued to support us through these strange times. Whether you’ve sent us a message of support or sent us a donation from our Amazon Wishlist- THANK YOU!
We have been blown away by everyone’s kindness.