Blitzen's Banana Biscuits
Blitzen’s banana biscuits are the perfect festive treat or ideal stocking filler for your dog. Follow the simple recipe below to make your pooch-pal a yummy gift.
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large mashed banana
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
1. Add the flax seeds, oats, flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the mashed bananas, coconut oil and water and stir.
3. When the mixture is thick and can be rolled into a ball, roll it out on a wooden chopping board using a rolling pin.
4. Use your cookie cutter to create your shapes, and pop them on a baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven at 175 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. Wait for them to cool before serving.
About this festive dog treat recipe
These biscuits are great as a little festive treat or training reward, but do give less of their usual food that day so that your dog isn't overfed. Some dogs could have sensitivities to some of the ingredients so these might not be suitable for all pooches. If you have any concerns about giving your dog new foods please speak to your vet.
Keep up with our pupdates!
Sign up to our newsletter and get top dog training tips and behaviour advice straight to your inbox, as well as fun activities and plenty of pupdates. Stay in touch, and let’s help change the tale for dogs together.
Sign up now