Could you foster a medium to large breed dog?
Newbury are looking for foster carers to join our Home from home scheme, particularly those who have a little extra room for medium to large breed dogs.
Dogs like our Lovely Leela, a seven-year-old German shepherd wait a little longer than smaller breeds to find their fur-ever homes. We would love to be able to give them the opportunity to take a break from our daily routines here and enjoy some home comforts and a quieter life out in a foster home.
The experience both you and the dogs have is very rewarding, it not only gives us an insight to the best home environment for the dogs but enables us to help more dogs during the time they are in foster with you. While you receive all the love and affection the dogs can give plus the bonus of coming home to a loving companion and a waggy tail!
We provide everything you need and full support, all we ask is that you can help us out with some transport runs and offer our dogs a loving family environment until their paw-fect home comes along.
- You don’t need to have large breed experience, but it is ideal
- At least 18 years old
- Live within an hour's drive of the rehoming centre
- At home to take care of the dog for a good part of the day
- Emotionally resilient to say goodbye when the foster dog finds a new home
- Ability to transport the dog to and from appointments at the rehoming centre or veterinary practice
- If you live in rented accommodation, you have written permission from your landlord to keep a dog on the premises
If you would like to foster for Dogs Trust Newbury, please contact us on:[email protected] or call 014886 58839