Live PSPO/DCO Consultations
Don’t forget to download your PSPO or DCO toolkit which includes a template response letter to send to councils, along with posters, flyers and a social media image to help you raise awareness about up-coming consultations.
Cheshire West and Chester Council
The Council are holding a consultation to review their Public Space Protection Orders and residents are invited to have their say.
The measures currently in force which are due for review are:
- Dogs are excluded from fully-enclosed children’s play areas that contain play equipment.
- Dogs are excluded from Fully or Partially enclosed Multi Use Games Areas (MUGAs) and Tennis courts.
- Dogs must be placed on a lead at the request of an authorised officer.
- Dogs must be on a lead in Council owned cemeteries and crematoria.
- Where a lead is required it must be a maximum of 2m in length (fixed or locked).
- A maximum of 6 dogs per person can be walked together.
- Dog walkers must carry sufficient means to pick up their dog foul.
They are seeking views on current measures in place as well as seeking views on additional control areas, for example if dogs should be on lead in all cemeteries. There are a variety of ways for people to give their views:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0300 123 8 123 quoting “Dog Control”
Write to: Research and Intelligence Team, Cheshire West and Chester Council, 4 Civic Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 0BE
The consultation closes 4th July 2021
Cyngor Gwynedd Council
Gwynedd Council is carrying out a consultation to consider whether to introduce a Public Spaces Protection Order for dog control.
The Order is about:
- making owners clear or remove dog faeces;
- making an owner to put a dog on a lead, if required by an authorised officer;
- prohibiting dogs from entering certain land.
To comment on the proposed orders, the following online survey can be completed: www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/dogcontrolconsultation
If you have any questions about the consultation, or if you would like a paper questionnaire (see comment below) large print version, Braille, other languages etc, the Council can be emailed at [email protected] or phone 01766 771000 to discuss.
The consultation closes 21st June 2021
Mid Devon Council
The Council are seeking views of residents and business over their Public Space Protection Orders:
Their proposed PSPOs are intended to:
prohibit dog fouling in all Public Spaces areas within the District of Mid Devon where the public have access;
require dogs to be on leads in cemeteries, churchyards and parks which are named identified in the PSPO;
require any dog to be put on a lead when requested by an authorised council officer or police constable;
exclude dogs from the enclosed play areas which are named in the PSPO;
require all persons in charge of a dog to have the means to pick up dog faeces in Public Spaces; and
limit the number of dogs walked at a time by one person to six.
To comment on the proposed orders, the following online survey can be completed:
The consultation closes 18th June 2021