Dogs Trust may collect personal information when you:
- rehome or foster a dog
- take part in a Dog School training class
- register with us for information
- sign up for publications or newsletters
- become a dog sponsor
- contact our service centre
- volunteer or fundraise for us
- pledge or donate or sign up for an event
- support one of our campaigns
- register for our Canine Care Card service
- purchase from our online shop or mail order catalogue
- telephone, write, contact us online or text us or provide your personal information in some other way
The information we collect might include your name, communication preferences, email address, postal address, IP address, telephone number, mobile number and date of birth. We might collect your bank account details, so we can process donations, sponsorship or membership, or your taxpayer status so we can claim Gift Aid. In some cases, we may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
We also use this information to help us provide and improve our services as a charity and to keep a record of our communications with you.
We only collect sensitive personal information about supporters unless there is a clear reason for doing so. For example, we might collect health information if you are participating in a marathon or similar fundraising event. We might collect information on whether there are children in your household if you are planning to rehome a dog. Or we might collect information to enable us to recognise and respond to the needs of a vulnerable person.
We will only collect and record information to make sure that we can enable you to support our work in the way you choose. A clear notice will be provided when we ask you to give this kind of information, so you know why we need it.
Profiling and Analysis
Website and Cookies
Keeping your Information Safe