Volunteer vacancies in Kenilworth
Current volunteer opportunities
Dog foster carers needed in the West Midlands
We are looking for dedicated Foster Carers to help care for some of our dogs who prefer to be outside of kennel life for various reasons as part of our Home from Home fostering scheme.
We're particularly in need of people who live in a household with no children and have no other dogs or cats.
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Over the age of 18
- Able to travel to your local our rehoming centre regularly.
To find out more and to start your application contact our Home from Home coordinator:
Volunteer Gardener & Grounds Assistant
Main contact: Sarah Hobbs/Marie Charley
Suggested time Commitment: 2 - 3 hours per week
Purpose of the role: To assist the Maintenance Operative by maintaining outdoor areas and to keep the centre clean, tidy and well presented.
- To assist the Maintenance Operative in the upkeep of the centre and grounds.
- To undertake general outdoor duties, including weeding and tidying of the paths and planters.
- Be knowledgeable on the work of Dogs Trust and specifically your Rehoming Centre.
- Direct visitors to an appropriate advisor where required.
Required skills & Competencies:
- General knowledge of basic maintenance and grounds work.
- Good level of physical fitness for; gardening activities, maintenance and other physical duties.
- Practical experience in gardening and of using a range of gardening equipment.
- A willingness to learn and ability to follow instructions.
- To acknowledge visitors to the centre in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to recognise own limitations.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude.
How to apply
How to apply
To apply for any of our volunteer vacancies simply:
Unfortunately, we're only able to accept volunteers aged over 18. Find out more about becoming a volunteer.