Volunteering Vacancies at Kenilworth
We are always looking for people who can help with attending organised events, even if this is one event a year i.e. our Fun Day and Fun Dog Show or Christmas Fayre. As well as people who would like to do their own fundraising events or help at events we have been invited to attend!
Volunteer Application Form Kenilworth DOCX 78 KB
Please email applications to [email protected]
Volunteer Canine Assistant
To support and assist the Canine Carers to ensure our animal accommodation facilities are cleaned, maintained and in excellent condition for our dogs and to help provide essential exercise for them.
- Work with centre staff to clean kennels and other service areas to Dogs Trust standards to ensure the dogs in our care are comfortable and safe.
- Provide exercise and enrichment to dogs as allocated by centre staff.
- Monitor each dog’s health and welfare, reporting any concerns to centre staff.
- Adhere to centre protocols for collection of dogs, walking routes and use of exercise compounds.
- Other kennel-related tasks as requested by Dogs Trust staff, such as preparing feeds.
- Use centre approved equipment e.g. leads, harnesses, muzzles, etc. when instructed.
- Carry out any laundry as required.
- Report any faulty or damaged equipment to centre staff.
- Passionate about dogs, dog welfare and experience of handling them.
- Working with or owning dogs.
- Good level of fitness for walking and handling dogs of all shapes, sizes and strengths and other physical duties.
- Excellent face to face communication skills with the ability to listen.
- Confident and friendly manner.
- Ability to work comfortably in a close knit team or alone.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to following instructions.
- Experience in a cleaning role is desirable but not essential.
Volunteer Home Visitors
We're seeking Volunteer Home Visitors to work across Coventry, Rugby and Birmingham.
Purpose of the role:
- To assess the suitability of prospective new adopters’ Gardens.
- Visit prospective adopters’ homes to assess the environment to the particular dog.
- Liaise with adoption team on their findings.
- Report back to centre details of the garden checked.
- Maintain a professional approach when visiting peoples’ homes at all times, being both non-judgemental and considerate.
- Drive carefully, ensuring best use of time by planning the quickest route.
- Be an ambassador for Dogs Trust.
- Be knowledgeable on the work of Dogs Trust and specifically the Kenilworth Rehoming Centre.
- For safety reasons all decision makings is left for centre
Flexible days and times according to volunteer and customer availability
Interested in fundraising for us? please contact your local Supporter Relations Officers directly.