Volunteering Vacancies at Kenilworth
We are always looking for people who can help with attending organised events, even if this is one event a year i.e. our Fun Day and Fun Dog Show or Christmas Fayre. As well as people who would like to do their own fundraising events or help at events we have been invited to attend!
To help with the upkeep and maintenance of all outdoor areas, keeping the centre clean, tidy and well presented.
Would you like to: Become part of a friendly and dedicated team - Meet new people and make friends - Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoors?!
We need people to help with: Tidying up, dead heading, weeding, and caring for boarders - Giving any other appropriate assistance may be reasonably requested.
This role will suit people who have had some experience of gardening. You should be reliable, with an organised and flexible approach – happy to work as a team or alone. You must be happy to with within Dogs Trust policies and procedures. As representatives of Dogs Trust the image you present is important so you must be polite and friendly to the public.
- Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat 8.30 – 12.00
- Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat 12.00 – 16.30
Volunteer Canine Assistant
To support and assist the Canine Carers to ensure our animal accommodation facilities are cleaned, maintained and in excellent condition for our dogs and to help provide essential exercise for them.
- Work with centre staff to clean kennels and other service areas to Dogs Trust standards to ensure the dogs in our care are comfortable and safe.
- Provide exercise and enrichment to dogs as allocated by centre staff.
- Monitor each dog’s health and welfare, reporting any concerns to centre staff.
- Adhere to centre protocols for collection of dogs, walking routes and use of exercise compounds.
- Other kennel-related tasks as requested by Dogs Trust staff, such as preparing feeds.
- Use centre approved equipment e.g. leads, harnesses, muzzles, etc. when instructed.
- Carry out any laundry as required.
- Report any faulty or damaged equipment to centre staff.
- Passionate about dogs, dog welfare and experience of handling them.
- Working with or owning dogs.
- Good level of fitness for walking and handling dogs of all shapes, sizes and strengths and other physical duties.
- Excellent face to face communication skills with the ability to listen.
- Confident and friendly manner.
- Ability to work comfortably in a close knit team or alone.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to following instructions.
- Experience in a cleaning role is desirable but not essential.
Volunteer Home Visitors
We're seeking Volunteer Home Visitors to work across Coventry, Nuneaton and North Birmingham.
Purpose of the role:
- To assess the suitability of prospective new adopters’ Gardens.
- Visit prospective adopters’ homes to assess the environment to the particular dog.
- Liaise with adoption team on their findings.
- Report back to centre details of the garden checked.
- Maintain a professional approach when visiting peoples’ homes at all times, being both non-judgemental and considerate.
- Drive carefully, ensuring best use of time by planning the quickest route.
- Be an ambassador for Dogs Trust.
- Be knowledgeable on the work of Dogs Trust and specifically the Kenilworth Rehoming Centre.
- For safety reasons all decision makings is left for centre
Flexible days and times according to volunteer and customer availability
Volunteer Events Assistant
Available for open days and Christmas fare twice a year helping out in fundraising
If you are interested in any of the above voluntary roles please download a volunteer form and email Marie Charley.
Volunteer Application Form DOCX 74 KB
Dog School Volunteer Vacancies
We are also looking for volunteers for our Dog School Birmingham, in Kenilworth and the surrounding areas. Dog School provides high quality, welfare friendly advice on dog training and behaviour during our fun, educational classes.
Dog School Volunteer
To support and assist the Dog School Coaches during training classes. The aim of Dog School is to help owners to train their dogs in a kind, fair and effective way, which will enhance day to day living and enable the best possible relationship to develop between the owner and dog.
Dog School Volunteer Role Description DOCX 131 KB
Dog School Volunteer Application Form PDF 141 KB
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]
Interested in fundraising for us? please contact your local Supporter Relations Officers directly.