Volunteering Vacancies at Kenilworth
We are always looking for people who can help with attending organised events, even if this is one event a year i.e. our Fun Day and Fun Dog Show or Christmas Fayre. As well as people who would like to do their own fundraising events or help at events we have been invited to attend!
Volunteer Application Form Kenilworth DOCX 78 KB
Please email applications to [email protected]
Volunteer Reception - Sunday
To support and assist the Receptionist staff at the centre, ensuring visitors receive a warm welcome, and a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
- To acknowledge and welcome all visitors on their arrival at the centre in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Direct visitors to an appropriate member of Dogs Trust staff to assist them.
- Take phone calls, direct queries, respond to voicemail messages and emails.
- Explain the rehoming procedure and help visitors complete home finder forms.
- Help keep literature well stocked in the welcome areas.
- Maintain high standards of presentation and cleanliness in the reception area during public open hours.
- Assist other members of the team as needed.
- Be knowledgeable on the work of Dogs Trust and specifically your Rehoming Centre.
- Other administrative tasks as requested by Dogs Trust staff.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills previous experience working in a customer service environment is desirable but not essential.
- Confident and approachable manner.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude.
- Able to use own initiative with a common-sense approach to problem solving.
- Good diplomacy skills.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Outlook would be helpful but not essential.
- An interest in dogs and dog welfare.
Volunteer Canine Assistant
To support and assist the Canine Carers to ensure our animal accommodation facilities are cleaned, maintained and in excellent condition for our dogs and to help provide essential exercise for them.
- Work with centre staff to clean kennels and other service areas to Dogs Trust standards to ensure the dogs in our care are comfortable and safe.
- Provide exercise and enrichment to dogs as allocated by centre staff.
- Monitor each dog’s health and welfare, reporting any concerns to centre staff.
- Adhere to centre protocols for collection of dogs, walking routes and use of exercise compounds.
- Other kennel-related tasks as requested by Dogs Trust staff, such as preparing feeds.
- Use centre approved equipment e.g. leads, harnesses, muzzles, etc. when instructed.
- Carry out any laundry as required.
- Report any faulty or damaged equipment to centre staff.
- Passionate about dogs, dog welfare and experience of handling them.
- Working with or owning dogs.
- Good level of fitness for walking and handling dogs of all shapes, sizes and strengths and other physical duties.
- Excellent face to face communication skills with the ability to listen.
- Confident and friendly manner.
- Ability to work comfortably in a close knit team or alone.
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to following instructions.
- Experience in a cleaning role is desirable but not essential.
Volunteer Home Visitors
We're seeking Volunteer Home Visitors to work across Coventry, Rugby and Birmingham.
Purpose of the role:
- To assess the suitability of prospective new adopters’ Gardens.
- Visit prospective adopters’ homes to assess the environment to the particular dog.
- Liaise with adoption team on their findings.
- Report back to centre details of the garden checked.
- Maintain a professional approach when visiting peoples’ homes at all times, being both non-judgemental and considerate.
- Drive carefully, ensuring best use of time by planning the quickest route.
- Be an ambassador for Dogs Trust.
- Be knowledgeable on the work of Dogs Trust and specifically the Kenilworth Rehoming Centre.
- For safety reasons all decision makings is left for centre
Flexible days and times according to volunteer and customer availability
Dog School Volunteer Vacancies
We are also looking for volunteers for our Dog School Birmingham, in Kenilworth and the surrounding areas. Dog School provides high quality, welfare friendly advice on dog training and behaviour during our fun, educational classes.
Dog School Volunteer
To support and assist the Dog School Coaches during training classes. The aim of Dog School is to help owners to train their dogs in a kind, fair and effective way, which will enhance day to day living and enable the best possible relationship to develop between the owner and dog.
Dog School Volunteer Role Description DOCX 131 KB
Dog School Volunteer Application Form PDF 141 KB
Dog School Applications should be emailed to [email protected]
Interested in fundraising for us? please contact your local Supporter Relations Officers directly.