At Dogs Trust Bridgend, we have 40 kennels, and can care for around 80 dogs at any time. We have 2 large enclosed fields, where the dogs can burn some energy and play with some friends during an off-lead run, a training barn, 2 exercise areas filled with fun areas to explore, and on site vet suite.
We have a team of 24 staff, and an excellent group of dedicated volunteers who help with tasks from dog-walking to fundraising. We are located on an old farm site near the village of Pen-y-Fai, surrounded with lots of lovely rural walks for the dogs in our care to enjoy, while they are waiting for their new homes.
Our Bridgend centre is 58.5 miles away from Bristol. It takes around an hour in the car, via the M4.
Rehoming from us
The dedicated team here are helping to care for hundreds of dogs every year, who all deserve a loving home for life. Interested in offering a dog in our care a forever home?
Find out how rehoming works.
New dogs arrive at our centre all the time — they will be available for rehoming once we’ve got to know them and identified what they need from their new home. Please visit the website regularly to see the dogs available in our centre.
We’re open for general browsing on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday from 12 – 4pm. On these days you’ll be able to walk around the centre and see some of the dogs in our care. If you’re interested in a dog, we’ll be able to tell you more about them and help you apply via our online form. We hope to see you soon.
Rehoming info appointments
If you’re sure about adopting but haven’t found the right dog for you, make an appointment for a dedicated chat with one of our adoption advisors. You’ll get a 30-minute session with an experienced member of our team, either over the phone or in person at our rehoming centre. We’ll ask about your lifestyle and the home you can offer, discuss any suitable dogs in our care, and give you advice on finding your perfect match.
Book an appointment
Want to see how our rehoming centre works and learn more about Dogs Trust? Book a free tour around our rehoming centre with your local Supporter Relations Officer.
Tours last between 30 to 45 minutes long and will give you a chance to have a look behind-the-scenes of our centre and gain an insight into our work. Places are limited and need to be booked in advance. Unfortunately, we cannot facilitate school or educational tours.
To enquire about a tour, please contact Supporter Relations Officer, Linda Feagan by emailing [email protected] or phone 01656 728923.
- Interested in volunteering? Have a look at our current volunteering vacancies.
- Interested in fundraising. Please contact [email protected]
- Could you give a dog a temporary home? Find out more about fostering a dog.
- Help us give a pooch the home they deserve. Sponsor a dog.
- Donate your pre-loved items. We’re accepting pre-loved donations of treats, toys, towels and bedding (except feather duvets) via our contact-free drop off points. Donations can be left in the large red container at the entrance gate. Please don’t leave clothing, valuables, electrical equipment, or furniture at our centre drop-off points.
- We rely on your kind support to continue our vital work, please donate today.