Greyhound racing - The future
We are calling for more transparency from the greyhound racing industry. In the 2015 Greyhound regulation review we want to see:
- Consistent regulations across all tracks and independent inspections of breeders’ and trainers’ kennels.
- A central database to ensure all greyhounds can be traced throughout their whole lives
- The collection and publication of statistics on the number of racing greyhounds being put to sleep for both welfare and economic grounds each year
- Random sampling for performance drugs to take place across all tracks
- The collection of injury statistics in a prescribed format and the subsequent use of data to improve standards
- An industry commitment to developing a system that matches the numbers of dogs entering racing with the numbers that can be rehomed