Celebrate National Dog Day with dog-friendly cupcakes
Did you know that it's almost National Dog Day? On 26th August, we’ll be partying like it’s every dog’s birthday. To help you plan the most tail-wagging shindig, we’ve created a recipe for some healthy canine cupcakes for your pooch to get stuck into. If you fancy yourself the next Mary Berry, then this is your chance to pull out a real showstopper.
Break out the bunting and a few of their favourite toys and make it a day to remember!
How to make dog friendly cupcakes
- Cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla (non-alcoholic) – 1 tsp
- Honey – 2/3 cup
- Peanut butter (no xylitol) – 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- Whole wheat flour (sifted) – 2 cups
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Carrots (grated) – 1 1/2 cups
- Pre-heat oven to 180’c.
- Add the cooking oil, vanilla, honey, peanut butter and whisked eggs into a bowl and mix.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix.
- Add the carrots and mix in.
- Spoon into a baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Finish off by topping with extra peanut butter, strawberries and bananas.
- And enjoy!
Don't forget to adjust the amount of food you are giving to your dog if you are making them extra treats, and to adjust the recipe quantities for smaller pooches.
Share your creations with us on social media – we wuff to see it!
Facebook: Dogs Trust
Keep up with our pupdates!
Sign up to our newsletter and get top dog training tips and behaviour advice straight to your inbox, as well as fun activities and plenty of pupdates. Stay in touch, and let’s help change the tale for dogs together.
Sign up now