Virgin Money London Marathon 2020
The Virgin Money London Marathon is London's most iconic sporting event. Running this world-famous marathon is the experience of a lifetime, taking you through the heart of the capital.
||Sunday 26th April 2020
||18 or over
Questions? Get in touch with the team:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0207 833 7705
Want to join our team in 2020 with your own place?
If you have secured your own place at the Virgin Money London Marathon through the organisers, we'd love you to use your place to join Team Dogs Trust and help us raise more for the dogs in our care.
Request your fundraising pack today
How to apply for a guaranteed charity place
Unfortunately, the deadline to apply for a 2020 charity place with Dogs Trust was 4 August 2019. If you wish to apply for a Dogs Trust charity place for the 2021 event, please email [email protected] and we’ll be in touch with details of how to apply when the places become available.
As the London Marathon is such a popular event, we get many more applications than we have places. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to also apply through the public ballot to double your chances of taking part. The public ballot opens the day of the 2020 event.
What do you get from Dogs Trust?
By taking part with Dogs Trust, we will support you every paw of the way:
- We provide a bright yellow Dogs Trust running vest to wear on the day – we’ll even print your name
- An invite to our post-race charity reception at the stunning Institute of Directors on Pall Mall for much needed refreshments, massages and celebrations with the team
- Support from our amazing Dogs Trust cheering points on the day
- Advice from a dedicated London Marathon team to support your marathon journey, including providing promotional items
- Free access to a web to print service, allowing you to produce your own digital materials to support your fundraising
How will your sponsorship help?
Your valued donations go a long way to look after the dogs at Dogs Trust. Here are some figures to give you an idea of how your sponsorship from this event can help the dogs in our care.
£10 could provide a new training lead for one of our canine residents.
£20 could provide a comfy dog bed for one of our canine residents.
£35.80 could pay for the cost of looking after a dog for a day at a Dogs Trust rehoming centre.
Raise the £1,900 sponsorship target for this event, and this could provide a month's care for one of our canine residents, including weekly veterinary care, neutering costs, vaccinations, microchip, training costs and a comfy bed.