Stray Dog Survey Report 2018-19
Thank you to the 186 local authorities who responded to this year's Stray Dog Survey.
Dogs Trust commissioned Ipsos MORI to undertake our investigation on the UK’s stray dog populations. And with your help, we've gained a better understanding of what happens to these dogs and identified some of the reasons they have come to stray in the first place. Equipped with this knowledge, we are continuing to champion responsible dog ownership by supporting local authorities and the public though the provision of services such as:
- On the ground community events in London, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and across the North of England, giving owners the chance to meet our knowledgeable teams and get tips and advice on responsible dog ownership.
- A public subsidised neutering programme (terms and conditions apply)
- Providing local authorities with free microchips, poo bags and responsible dog ownership materials to use in your community.
- Our behaviour & training programme Dog School is run across the UK and provides low cost dog training and behaviour advice through fun and educational classes.
- Our Education Team visit schools across the UK, with a focus on promoting responsible dog ownership, as well as educating people how to act.
The 2018-19 report is now available.
Stray Dogs Report 2018-19 PDF 355 KB