Virgin Money London Marathon 2020
The Virgin Money London Marathon is London's most iconic sporting event. Running this world-famous marathon is the experience of a lifetime, taking you through the heart of the capital.
Apply to the 2020 public ballot today!
To double your chances in getting a place in the 2020 London Marathon apply through the public ballot today! The ballot is open now until 5pm on Friday 3rd May. If you are successful, join Team Dogs Trust to receive the exact same support and benefits as our charity place runners.
By taking part with Dogs Trust, we will support you every paw of the way:
- We provide a bright yellow Dogs Trust running vest to wear on the day – we’ll even print your name
- An invite to our post-race charity reception at the stunning Institute of Directors on Pall Mall for much needed refreshments, massages and celebrations with the team
- Support from our amazing Dogs Trust cheering points on the day
- Advice from a dedicated London Marathon team to support your marathon journey, including providing promotional items
- Free access to a web to print service, allowing you to produce your own digital materials to support your fundraising
Find out how to enter the ballot >
Want to join our team in 2020 with your own place?
If you have secured your own place at the Virgin Money London Marathon through the organisers, we'd love you to use your place to join Team Dogs Trust and help us raise more for the dogs in our care.
Email [email protected] to request your fundraising pack today!
How to apply for a 2020 guaranteed charity place
For a chance to apply for a charity place with Dogs Trust. Please complete the online form and give as much detail as possible.
Apply for a place now
As the London Marathon is such a popular event, we get many more applications than we have places. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to also apply through the public ballot to double your chances of taking part. We will be choosing our first round of runners in the first week of August.
||Sunday 26th April 2020
||18 or over
How will your sponsorship help?
Your valued donations go a long way to look after the dogs at Dogs Trust. Here are some figures to give you an idea of how your sponsorship from this event can help the dogs in our care.
£10 could provide a new training lead for one of our canine residents.
£20 could provide a comfy dog bed for one of our canine residents.
£35.80 could pay for the cost of looking after a dog for a day at a Dogs Trust rehoming centre.
Raise the £1,900 sponsorship target for this event, and this could provide a month's care for one of our canine residents, including weekly veterinary care, neutering costs, vaccinations, microchip, training costs and a comfy bed.
What do you get from Dogs Trust?
- A personalised t-shirt or running vest
- A fundraising guide
- Access to Dogs Trust promotional items including collection box, banner and stickers
- Fundraising support from the Community Fundraising Team
- Invite to our post London Marathon Reception at the Institute of Directors on Pall Mall
- Support from our Dogs Trust cheering points on the day