Dogs Trust Hope Project has been helping dogs whose owners are homeless or in housing crisis since 1994. The project was set up to offer advice to homeless dog owners and free veterinary care to their dogs.
How the Hope Project helps:
- Veterinary entitlement card scheme giving free and subsidised veterinary treatment to dogs whose owners are homeless or in housing crisis
- Animal welfare advice for dog owners who are homeless or in housing crisis in our Happy & Healthy booklet
- Advice and assistance for hostels, shelters and day centres on accepting clients with dogs. See our dog-friendly hostels and housing projects section for more information about this
- Information on homelessness projects that accept clients with dogs in our directory of dog-friendly homelessness services
- Christmas parcel service providing food and treats for dogs whose owners are homeless over the festive season
- Working with Crisis, the national homelessness charity, every winter to provide a dog-friendly Christmas shelter in London
Download additional free Hope Project publications:
For more information about the project, please contact us.